Storage of Bondage Equipment?

TUG techniques, safety rules, how-to's, why do we like TUGs? Here's the place to discuss and ask questions.

Moderators: AlexUSA, xtc, Jason Toddman, kidnapplz, zanev

solarbeast34
Kidnapper

Storage of Bondage Equipment?

Postby solarbeast34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm

This is a question specifically towards people who are either living in a studio apartment or is in a 1-bedroom apartment. I am wondering how you store your bondage equipment? I will soon have a 1 bedroom apartment of my own and just realized that the way I want to store my bondage equipment may not happen right away because of lack of money at the start. So this question is to give me ideas on how I can store my equipment before I am able to purchase the storage I really want. Ideas from people trying to keep their equipment a secret from other members of their household will also work for this question.

drawscore
Master

Re: Storage of Bondage Equipment?

Postby drawscore » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 am

It depends on what it is. Rope and duct tape can be in a utility room or in a kitchen drawer, and no one would give it a second thought. Hand and leg cuffs can be explained away by saying you're in to magic and escapes.

Some of the more "kinky" things, like ball gags, would be better buried somewhere behind a dresser, or in the aforementioned utility room or storage room, inside a locked footlocker or suitcase, to be brought out only when you have a session.

The thing you have to ask yourself, is "What can I leave out in the open, without it drawing attention?" Or, to coin a phrase, "What can I hide in plain sight?"

Drawscore

Nexus
Bondage Expert

Re: Storage of Bondage Equipment?

Postby Nexus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:58 am

Years ago I got fed up of having disorganized gear crammed in a plastic shopping bag. I went and bought a small zippered gym bag. I also bought large plastic sealable (ziploc) freezer bags that have little spaces on them to write labels. I coiled ropes and put them in separate bags, labelling them appropriately (wrists, ankles, knees, etc). Also use separate bags for gagging materials. Then, just pack it all in the gym bag, zip it up, and tuck it in the back of the bedroom closet. Been my system for years now.

Return to “TUGs talk”