Annoying tape residue

TUG techniques, safety rules, how-to's, why do we like TUGs? Here's the place to discuss and ask questions.

Moderators: AlexUSA, xtc, Jason Toddman, kidnapplz, zanev

TapedTy
Kidnapped

Annoying tape residue

Postby TapedTy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Being only 14 I can't get many gags so tape is my preference. It's without a doubt my favorite gag. Is there anyone who knows how to easily get that annoying sticky residue crap off your mouth?

MisterBones
Bondage Expert

Re: Annoying tape residue

Postby MisterBones » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:27 pm

There's this magnificent chemical called water you could try.
I have ocs or whatever

TapedTy
Kidnapped

Postby TapedTy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:37 pm

MisterBones wrote:There's this magnificent chemical called water you could try.

Lol I've tried it but it doesn't work very well. I'm not sure if it's just me or not.

MisterBones
Bondage Expert

Postby MisterBones » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Use a damp washcloth, maybe?
I have ocs or whatever

bondagefreak
Master

Postby bondagefreak » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Hello TapedTy.
The best way to avoid getting any glue residue on your mouth and face is to not apply the tape directly on your skin.
Some people prefer to protect the skin with a layer of saran wrap before applying duct tape or gorilla tape.
Might be worth a try.
Last edited by bondagefreak on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TapedTy
Kidnapped

Postby TapedTy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:55 pm

bondagefreak wrote:Hello TapedTy.
The best way to avoid getting any glue residue on your mouth and face is not to apply the tape directly on your skin.
Some people prefer to protect the skin with a layer of saran wrap before applying duct tape or gorilla tape.
Might be worth a try.

Thanks dude I'll be sure to try that next time . :)

SolidSnickerdoodle
Bondage Expert

Postby SolidSnickerdoodle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:54 pm

TapedTy wrote:
bondagefreak wrote:Hello TapedTy.
The best way to avoid getting any glue residue on your mouth and face is not to apply the tape directly on your skin.
Might be worth a try.

Thanks dude I'll be sure to try that next time . :)

Ehh, I don't know about that. The danger with saran wrap is that there's usually a risk of asphyxiation that's involved. Saran wrap around the mouth can be dangerous. What if your nose gets clogged and you suffocate? I know the same argument could be made against a well-applied gag, but at least in most circumstances duct tape can be pushed off by stretching the jaw. You don't want to limit your safety too much.
There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.

bondagefreak
Master

Postby bondagefreak » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:29 pm

SolidSnickerdoodle wrote:Ehh, I don't know about that. The danger with saran wrap is that there's usually a risk of asphyxiation that's involved. Saran wrap around the mouth can be dangerous. What if your nose gets clogged and you suffocate? I know the same argument could be made against a well-applied gag, but at least in most circumstances duct tape can be pushed off by stretching the jaw. You don't want to limit your safety too much.

A valid argument, although I'd move to point out that there's as much danger of asphyxiation with saran wrap as there is with tape.
Unless you're satisfied with a few strips of duct tape over the mouth, you wouldn't be able to stretch your jaw. A proper duct tape gag wouldn't allow you the convenience of removing the tape without using your hands. If you can do so, then it could hardly be called a gag IMO.

I'd also point out that unless you're sick and suffering from nasal congestion, your nose won't just spontaneously get clogged up.

But SolidSnickerdoodle is right, safety is of paramount importance, even more so when engaging in unsupervised bondage-play.

SolidSnickerdoodle
Bondage Expert

Postby SolidSnickerdoodle » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:59 am

bondagefreak wrote:A valid argument, although I'd move to point out that there's as much danger of asphyxiation with saran wrap as there is with tape.
Unless you're satisfied with a few strips of duct tape over the mouth, you wouldn't be able to stretch your jaw. A proper duct tape gag wouldn't allow you the convenience of removing the tape without using your hands. If you can do so, then it could hardly be called a gag IMO.

I'd also point out that unless you're sick and suffering from nasal congestion, your nose won't just spontaneously get clogged up.

But SolidSnickerdoodle is right, safety is of paramount importance, even more so when engaging in unsupervised bondage-play.

I suppose if one went as far as duct taping under the jaw and around the back of the head, then the gag could not easily be removed, even in the case of an emergency. Still, duct tape can become moist from sweat and saliva and lose it's stickiness. I've seen cases where someone's entire mouth can be covered in layers of duct tape, only for a small air pocket to form and for speech to become audible again. Saran wrap doesn't seem to lose it's cling so much. It stretches and hugs the skin forming an airtight seal, which in my mind makes it more dangerous

If I ever use a gag in self-bondage, which is rare, I'll usually just apply a few strips of tape, as I think most people do. Sure it's not as secure, and doesn't silence as well, but if I'm going to be alone I'd like to be able to remove it without the aid of my hands if need be. As for the spontaneous blockage of nasal passages, I honestly can never tell with mine. Allergies are a bitch. Whatever you use, just don't put yourself in a dangerous situation that is beyond your control.
There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.

Mmph Squad
Bondage Expert

Postby Mmph Squad » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:10 am

Get yourself an ace wrap bandage and wrap that around your mouth before the duct tape. I always leave my nose free in any gag to allow enough air in. If you really experiment with some of the heavier tapes without this buffer layer others have talked about, there will be humiliating rashes and people will ask you about them (personal experience).

As those who posted before said, be safe. If you plan to be tied up and gagged this way, consider having someone around who can babysit you in case you have trouble getting free.
To tie or be tied? I'm not one to care as long as there are gags!

riplord
TUGs Member

Postby riplord » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:23 am

I just did a quick google search, and several websites say use a small amount of Mayonnaise on a cloth and rub it off. I haven't tried it myself, but there were numerous posts saying it worked.

MisterBones
Bondage Expert

Postby MisterBones » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:03 pm

Mayonnaise?

I'll keep the residue, thanks
I have ocs or whatever

zavulon
Kidnapper

Postby zavulon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:19 am

Baby powder helps get rid of the sticky residue pretty well.

MisterTheEdge
Bondage Expert

Postby MisterTheEdge » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:42 am

Fingernail polish remover.
Mister The Edge

Give me a hell yes!
http://www.11thprincipleconsent.org

Return to “TUGs talk”